Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener is a zero calorie and zero glycemic sweetener with the sumptuous rich taste of sugar, that will for sure please the sweet tooth of a “Sugarholic”.
It’s a blend of the high-purity Monk Fruit extract and non-GMO Erythritol.
Erythritol is a sugar alcohol but not just like any other.
Whilst sugar alcohols, like malitol, sorbitol and xylitol do have the same sweetness and do not raise blood sugar levels to the degree that sucrose (sugar) does, they are harder on the stomach and often (when eaten in excess) lead to gas, bloating and diarrhea.
The Erythritol difference is:
- Fermented – it is made by fermenting the natural sugar found in corn.
- Heat stable up to 160 degrees C.
- Non-caloric – While most sugar alcohols are low calorie, erythritol has zero calories.
- Non-glycemic – Does not raise blood sugar – erythritol is considered suitable for people with diabetes because it does not raise plasma glucose or insulin levels.
- The easiest sugar alcohol to digest – more than 90% of erythritol is absorbed in the small intestine, so minimal amounts reach the colon where other sugar alcohols end up causing diarrhea and other symptoms. Studies have shown that erythritol is even easier to digest than xylitol.
- Noncarcinogenic– studies have shown that erythritol, like xylitol, does not have carcinogenic properties.
- An antioxidant – erythritol helps to fight free radicals, responsible for the aging process. It is considered to be even more efficient than other sugar alcohols because it is so readily absorbed and yet not metabolized (it is excreted uchanged).
Monk Fruit was used for centuries in the eastern traditional herbalism to increase chi and well-being, earning it the nickname “The Immortals’ Fruit”.
It was first found by a group of Buddhist monks called the Luohan, on the slopes of a primal forest in the remote mountain highlands of Asia. The monks cultivated this rare fruit that is prized for its sweetness. The sacred fruit was named Monk Fruit, or “Luohan Guo”, after its devoted caretakers and was used in elixirs to raise chi, or life energy.
Unlike most fruits, whose sweetness comes from fructose, Monk Fruit’s sweetness comes from natural mogrosides that are much sweeter than sugar. Modern research shows that Monk Fruit extract does not elevate blood sugar or insulin, making it a perfect sweetener for blood sugar and weight management.
Erythritol and Monk Fruit = LAKANTO 🙂
Lakanto does neither feed candida, nor causes tooth decay.
Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener is available in:
- Golden, is made with an extra-high purity extract from early-harvest Monk Fruit to achieve a clean, sugar-like taste and color.
Classic, has the same sweetness, zero calories and zero glycemic index as Lakanto Golden, but without the taste, aroma or color.
Use Lakanto wherever you use sugar:
- In beverages
- Chocolate making
- Porridges and Chia pudding
- To balance dressings, sauces and dips
Finally we can indulge without feeling guilty!!!
Stop by High Vibe to get your hands on some Lakanto, shop-online or order by phone 212-777-6645