If you smell on Bergamot Essential Oil you will probably think of Earl Grey tea.
Bergamot essential oil has a light citrus aroma, which makes it a great oil to help you get going in the morning or refresh your kitchen before dinner.
The peel of the yellow-green, orange-shaped fruit is cold pressed to create the pure Young Living Bergamot oil found in homes around the world.
Bergamot’s aroma is tart yet sweet and uplifting yet relaxing, making it a popular oil in perfumes, cosmetics, and lotions.
In addition to its scent, Bergamot has attracted attention for its cleansing properties, and it’s often used as a luxurious ingredient in shampoos, soaps, and cleansers.
However, because Bergamot can cause photosensitivity, avoid applying the oil before spending time outside, especially in the sun.
Bergamot is a beautiful oil with many benefits.
- it is calming
- may help with hormonal support
- great to lift the spirits in case of depression
- it can help with anxiety
- insomnia – sweet dreams to you all
- viral infections – Young Living's Bergamot oil is 100% therapeutic grade and can be taken internally
- cold sores – dilute with a carrier oil
- oily skin
- insect bites
- repels insects
- flu and colds
- digestive support – upset stomach, gas, bloating, nausea
- weight loss
Diffuse Bergamot, add it to your cleaning products, inhale directly from the bottle or place in your palms, rub them together, cover mouth and nose and inhale deeply.
Here's a recipe for a refreshing face mask that support especially oily skin:
Refreshing Bergamot and French Clay Mask
Mix in a plastic bowl with a little bit of water, just enough to create a nice texture that won't drop from your face.
It's okay if it is a bit clumpy, french clay does that. 😉
Apply to face and let dry for 20 minutes, wash off with water.
And here is a cookie recipe that will wow your friends.
Chocolate Bergamot Cookies – vegan and gluten-free
1 cup teff flour
3/4 cup Lakanto monkfruit sweetener, powdered – you can do this in your blender
1/3 cup cacao powder
1 tbsp flax seed, grounded
1 tsp aluminum free baking powder
1/2 tsp vanilla powder
pinch pink himalayan salt
1/2 cup hemp or nut milk
1/4 cup coconut oil, liquified
2 drops bergamot essential oil
1/2 vegan chocolate chips, or you preferred chocolate bar cut into pieces
Add all the ingredients, except the milk, the essential oil and the chocolate chips into your food processor, give it a quick mix.
Mix the milk and the essential oils with the coconut oil, and pour it to the other ingredients in your food processor.
Process till a dough gets formed. Fold in the chocolate chips.
Place about 1 to 2 tbsp of dough onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet, and shape them to a roundish form.
Bake for 10 to 15 minutes by 350 degrees.
Let them cool down on a cookie rack.
- Diffuse at home, in the classroom, or while working to create an uplifting, positive environment.
- Place in the palms of your hands and inhale to experience a calming aroma during unsettling times.
- Combine a couple of drops with V-6™ Vegetable Oil Complex and use for an invigorating massage.
- Add to your nightly skin care regimen to create the appearance of smoother-looking skin. Keep in mind that Bergamot can cause photosensitivity, so avoid sun exposure after any application.
- Include a few drops in homemade cleaners to add an uplifting aroma to your chores.