Basically these are two recipes in one. You can either enjoy the delicious and health boosting goji berry milk on its own, or you go one step further and turn into the scrumptious Goji Berry Chia Pudding.
Enjoy this recipe for breakfast, dessert or as a healthy pick me up snack.
You will need:
Soak the goji berries in the almond milk, and let sit for at least 15 minutes, this will rehydrate the goji berries making them juicy and plump.
Pour your milk with the berries into your blender, add the Lakanto and vanilla powder. Blend together. Now you have your goji berry milk, look at that color, isn’t it beautiful?
Take a mason jar or breakfast bowl, add the chia seeds and pour the nut milk over them. Stir the seeds and let sit for 10 minutes, than stir the seeds again. Place your jar or bowl into the fridge and let the chia seeds do their magic. Let them soak up the goji berry milk to create your pudding for at least 4 hours or over night.
Soak some extra goji berries in some water along with the chia seeds, you can use to decorate your pudding.
When ready, take your container out and garnish your pudding with the pre soaked goji berries and a little bit of vanilla powder.
*Lakanto – find out more about this healthy sweetener here: Lakanto
A few facts about Chia Seeds:
- Complete protein, means it contains all essential amino acids.
- Muscle and tissue builder
- Rich in calcium
- High in fiber
- One of the best plant based sources of omega-3 fatty acids.
- Also rich in unsaturated omega-3 fatty acids and linoleic, which the body cannot produce.
- They expand up to 9 times of their size when mixed with liquids.
- They form a gel and are therefore great in smoothies, to make puddings or as egg replacer in baked goods.