Check out this great instructional video on how to make delicious Cheesy Kale Chips by a High Vibe friend!
Raw Cheesy Kale Chips get the featured role as we watch step by step instructions on how to prepare this popular Raw Food Vegan Snack. With the aid of a 9 tray Dehydrator, we learn techniques and tips while preparing this "Cheesy" (without cheese) crunchy, very healthy snack.
I usually double and even triple it, because once it's made… it doesn't last very long, since everyone eats it up.
The Cheesy Kale Chips Recipe:
• 1 bunch of Organic Curly Kale (washed, large stems removed, torn into bite size pieces)
• 1 cup Raw Organic Cashews (soaked 2 hours)
• 1 Organic Bell Pepper (Red, Yellow or Orange — (seeded and chopped)
• 1 Lemon (juiced)
• 3 Tablespoons Organic Nutritional Yeast
• 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt (use more or less to taste)
• 1 large Organic Jalapeño ((seeded)
• 1 Bunch of Organic Cilantro (chopped)
Put coating ingredients in Vitamix or food processor, add cilantro at end. Blend until smooth. Using your hands, massage coating onto kale pieces getting it inside of curls. Put on teflex sheets (dont worry about flattening them, theyre better bunched up — I removed the drawer above to make room) and dehydrate at 105 overnight or until coating is dry. Slide onto mesh screens and dehydrate until very crispy.
NOTE: mine just took about another 4 hours after overnight and flipping. YUM!
Never tried Kale Chips?? Give one of these tasty brands a try!