Propolis (bee glue) comes from the resin of trees. After gathering the resin, bees transform it into a very sticky and antimicrobial mixture.
How does it work?
Propolis seems to have activity against bacteria, viruses, and fungi. It might also have anti-inflammatory effects, antibiotic and antiseptic properties and can speed up skin healing.
Propolis can be used for infections caused by bacteria and viruses (including flu, H1N1 “swine” flu, and the common cold), by fungus, and by single-celled organisms called protozoans.
Propolis is also used for:
– Boosting the immune system
– Treating gastrointestinal (GI) problems including Helicobacter pylori (H pylori) infection in peptic ulcer disease.
– Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory agent.
– Lowering blood pressure
– Oral ulcers
Propolis can also be applied topically for:
– Wound cleansing
– Genital herpes and cold sores
– As a mouth rinse for speeding healing following oral surgery
– Treatment of minor burns
– Acne, to fight the bacteria primarily responsible for breakouts
How to use:
A general dose suggestion is to take 1/2 teaspoon twice per day (morning and afternoon), straight out of the jar. It tastes sweet – a bit like molasses – and delicious!
It can also be applied topically for acne.
Stop by High Vibe or order on the phone! 888-554-6645