THis Product has been discontinued from Surthrival as the cost went up to high Hopefully it will come back some time in the future. They are not sure when it will come back, so sorry.
Organic Ghee from SurThrival Made With 100% Organic Butter
Brilliant Golden Color, Rich Nutty Flavor!
Ghee is a favorite not only for its well documented historical use but also for its many modern day applications; its uses are nearly endless! SurThrival Ghee is produced in small, hand-crafted batches and sourced exclusively from grass-fed, organic certified cows. Our delicious ghee is produced on the full or waxing moon, in alignment with the traditional methods of India. Ghee’s high flashpoint makes it an ideal fat for cooking and the clarification process removes the two allergens normally associated with dairy products; casein and lactose.
Ghee is rich in a full spectrum of nutritional lipids (fats) and fat soluble vitamins, making it an excellent choice for vegetarians and omnivores alike. Our ghee has a brilliantly rich golden color, a decadently creamy texture, and wholesome nutty flavor that everyone loves! One taste of our ghee and we think you’ll agree — this is best available on the market today!
What is Ghee?
In India, ghee has always been a sacred and celebrated symbol of auspiciousness, nourishment and healing; especially in the daily rituals of cooking and worship.
Ghee is a premium cooking oil celebrated for its taste, nutritional benefits, and medicinal qualities. Ayurveda, the ancient medical science of India, recognizes ghee as an essential part of a balanced diet, and considers it to be the best fat one can eat. Ghee is the very essence of butter; the end result of a long, slow, careful clarification process that removes all the moisture, milk solids and impurities. The absence of milk solids and water in ghee make it completely shelf stable. Ghee has one of the highest flash points (485ºF) which make this oil the best choice for high temperature cooking.
Ghee is comprised of full spectrum short, medium and long chain fatty acids, both unsaturated and saturated. Ghee contains Omega 3 and Omega 9 essential fatty acids along with vitamins A, D, E and K. Ghee made from organic butter of pastured cows is one of the highest natural sources of CLA (Conjugated Linoleic Acid). 9 phenolic anti-oxidants, as well as numerous other minerals are present in ghee.
Ghee is known as a substance that gives longevity, its elemental qualities balance the aging characteristics by enriching the living body.
Ghee has been used for centuries as a digestive and elimination aid, for energy, sexual vitality, skin and eye health, as a lubricant for the joints and for alkalizing the blood.
The purity of ghee allows it to be deep penetrating and nourishing as it passes through the lipid membranes of cells. For this reason, the vitamins and minerals from food cooked in ghee will be drawn deep into the body where they impart the most benefit. The assimilation of the nutrients increases when suspended in a ghee matrix. When you add spices to ghee to cook with the flavor is carried deep into the food. Many herbal preparations use ghee as the carrier oil because of these characteristics
What makes the SurThrival ghee so amazing?
It is Organic Artisan Ghee.
SurThrival Ghee is unlike any other you will find on the market today.
Great care is taken and consideration in the ingredient selection and preparation method. The uncompromising commitment to quality combined with obsessive attention to detail allows for a unique hand-crafted ghee. Many of the strict protocols for authenticity are integrated into the cooking process.
Cooking over an open flame means the batches are small (mass produced ghee is made with steam in huge kettles).
Churned butter is critical to authentic ghee. Straus Family Creamery operates two 1950’s batch churns which are becoming increasingly rare in the butter production industry.
Honoring the tradition of artisan ghee, production is limited to the full or waxing moon in the peaceful, mantra-infused kitchen. It is thought that the influence of the bright and waxing moon amplifies the elemental healing qualities and taste of ghee.
SurThrival ghee is made each and every month to highlight the changes in pasture as reflected in the cows diet and ultimately the butter.
Some of the Benefits of Ghee:
- Anti-inflammatory and can be used by those suffering from lactose intolerance and those with digestive issues.
- Improves artery health
- Boosts metabolism, helping with weight loss
- Aids in a healthy immune system functioning
- High smoking point, ideal for high temperature cooking
- Shelf stable
- Rich in oil soluble vitamins
- Rich in K2 and CLA
- Medium Chain Fatty Acid – burns as energy
- Anti Inflammatory and Anti Cancer properties
- SurThrival Ghee is the premium cooking oil celebrated for its wonderful taste, nutritional benefits and medicinal qualities. Ayurveda, the ancient medical science of India, recognizes ghee as an essential part of a balanced diet, and considers it to be the best fat one can eat.
- SurThrival Ghee has one of the highest flash points (485ºF) of any cooking oil, making it an excellent choice for sauteing, baking, or frying. Ghee can be used instead of butter, olive oil or vegetable oil, on anything from rice and vegetables to popcorn or pancakes.
- This artisanal ghee is remarkably different from any other on the market today!
- About the butter SurThrival use:
- SurThrival uses only Straus Organic European-Style Sweet Cream Butter in their ghee. Straus Family Creamery became the first certified organic dairy and creamery west of the Mississippi in 1994.Their butter has won the award for the ‘Best Butter in America’ and was named “One of the Top Premium Butters in America” by Food and Wine Magazine. Straus Family Creamery butter has a very high butterfat content of 85%, indicative of their adherence to quality in the way in which they make their butter and the balanced diet of their cows.
- Straus Family Creamery cows are pasture-raised and organic. The beautiful hillsides of Marin and Sonoma County along the Pacific coast of Northern California provide a rich flora of sweet grasses, where they roam and graze. During the winter, the cows stay in an open-sided barn with large, open stalls fitted with cushioned cow mats plus natural bedding.
- At the Straus family dairy they power their operation with electricity generated from methane from cow manure and power their warehouse with electricity generated from solar panels. They reuse 94% of the water from the creamery on the farm to generate electricity and to irrigate fields. These are only two of many sustainability programs that consumers directly support when enjoying Straus Family Creamery products. To learn more, please visit www.strausfamilycreamery.com.