Sprouted, dried, and organic buckwheat
Ready to eat.
Crunchy and delicious.
Can be milled into flour.
Great for cereal and müsli.
A nice topping for salad and soups.
Our staff member, Gay, uses it in her deluxe raw tabouli recipe instead of bulghur wheat! Yum!
Benefits and facts about buckwheat:
- Great source of high-quality, easy digestable protein, containing all nine essential amino acids, including lysine.
- Rich in iron
- Very high in carbohydrates (80%).
- Very high in antioxidants.
- Filled with many minerals and vitamins such as zinc, copper, and niacin.
- Contains a high level of rutin. Rutin is extracted from the leaves for medicine to treat high blood pressure.
- Buckwheat contains no gluten and is not a grain, is related to rhubarb and sorrel.
- Buckwheat is a warming food. It is classified by macrobiotics as a yang food.