Kelp Noodles are a sea vegetable in the form of an easy to eat raw noodle.
Made of only kelp (a sea vegetable), sodium alginate (sodium salt extracted from a brown seaweed), and water.
- Very low in carbohydrates and calories.
Their noodle form and neutral taste allow for a variety of uses including salads, stir-fries, hot broths, and casseroles.
Their healthful content provides a rich source of trace minerals including iodine, which kelp is well known for.
Their unique texture completes the package, making Kelp Noodles a one-of-a-kind healthful and tasty alternative to pasta and rice noodles.
Best of all, no cooking is required. Just rinse and add the noodles to any dish and they are ready to eat!
Available in stores and online
Here is a yummy recipe from RawManda
Kelp Noodles with Garlic Kale Pesto
Total time: 20 minutes
Serves: 4 servings
- 2 packages kelp noodles
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped
- 2 cups kale, finely chopped
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
Garlic Kale Pesto
- 2 cups kale
- 2 cups spinach
- 3 green onion bulbs (just the white part)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/3 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Rinse kelp noodles in warm water then place into a large mixing bowl
- Add broccoli, kale, and other vegetables of choice to the mixing bowl
- Massage lemon juice into mixing bowl so that everything is covered well.
- Place ingredients for pesto in a high-speed blender or food processor and blend until you get a smooth creamy consistency
- Pour desired pesto into the mixing bowl, mix into noodles and veggies very well
- If you have left over pesto, store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for a few days