Omega 3 fatty acids, EPA and DHA are linked for healthy aging throughout life.
Studies have shown that EPA and DHA are important for proper fetal development, including neuronal, retinal, and immune function.
They may affect many aspects of cardiovascular function including inflammation, peripheral artery disease, major coronary events, and anticoagulation.
EPA and DHA have been linked to promising results in prevention, weight management, and cognitive function in those with very mild Alzheimer’s disease.
Although we are able to get omega 3 through our diet (flax- and chia seeds, fish, nuts (especially walnuts) it often is not enough.
In addition not everyone has the same requirements or ability to digest these fats properly.
- Rough or dry "bumpy" skin
- Dry, dull or ‘lifeless’ brittle hair and dandruff
- Soft, peeling or brittle nails
- Excessive thirst, frequent urination
- Sleep problems (especially difficulties in settling at night and waking in the morning)
- Attention problems (distractibility, poor concentration and difficulties in working memory)
- Emotional sensitivity (such as depression, excessive mood swings or undue anxiety)
A lot of vegans don't want to take fish oil, Nordic Natural has a high quality answer for that.
Algae Omega is made from microalgae and is a suitable source of omega 3 for vegans and vegetarians.
While most algae oils are short on EPA, Algae Omega's unique combination of EPA and DHA is a pure, safe, and effective source of both of these essential fatty acids.
Every batch of Nordic Naturals algae oils is tested by a third party certified lab for environmental toxins, including heavy metals. All algae oil are in the triglyceride form and surpass the strictest international standards for purity and freshness.