New from Tiger Nuts comes the First Cold Pressed Extra Virgin Tigernut Oil
This is a high quality oil extracted by a cold, virgin process in order to ensure that it retains all the unique nutritious qualities of the Tigernut itself.
Tigernut oil was first used by Egyptians 4000 years ago in preference to olive oil. Indeed, it is generally considered a healthier alternative.
The oil is golden brown in color and has a rich, nutty taste.
Tigernut oil is also a fantastic component of beauty products. It has a high oleic acid content, low acidity and is rich in vitamin e making it a stable oil that helps to improve skin elasticity.
Benefits of Tiger Nuts Oil:
- High content of oleic acid (Monounsaturated fat acid which has a bigger resistance to chemical decomposition).
- Content in polyunsaturated fatty acid (linoleic acid & linolenic acid) enough to cover daily minimum needs.
- High content of Vitamin E (alpha-tocopherol).
- Higher oxidative stability than other oils, due to its content of polyunsaturated fatty acids and gamma-tocoferol.
- Higher smoke point than olive oil
- Cold pressed
This oil has a clean, fresh flavor and it comes strongly recommended above most other oils as it doesn't interfere with the taste of the food.
When used for cooking, it helps create a barrier on the food's surface that reduces the amount of fat being absorbed. It also boasts a high level of oleic acid, which contains a healthy concentrate of vitamin E to help boost your immune system.
And guess what. Tiger Nuts are not actually nuts at all. They are small tubers that grow in the ground, much like a carrot or potato.
Then they are gathered and sun-dried naturally for three months before being transformed into our delicious Premium Organic Tiger Nuts First Cold Pressed Extra Virgin Oil, using nothing but raw Tiger Nuts.
As well as for cooking, you'll also find it great for salad dressings and dips.