Try this delicious Caesar Salad inspired recipe with the health benefits of hemp seed!
Hemp Seed have an excellent 3:1 balance of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids.
They not only promote heart health but can also balance hormones.
They are the perfect protein, containing all 20 amino acids and also each of the 9 essential amino acids that our bodies cannot produce.
They also naturally cleanse the colon and help to reduce sugar cravings due to their richness in soluble and un-soluble fiber.
- 3-4 curly kale leaves, destemmed and torn into pieces
- 1 bunch of romaine hearts, chopped
- 2/3 cucumber, quartered
- 1/4 cup olives, sliced
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- optional add-ins: capers, pine nuts, crumbled tempeh
Vegan Caesar Dressing
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients for the salad and mix.
- Using a hand immersion blender or food processor, combine all ingredients for the caesar salad dressing and blend until smooth and creamy. Makes 1 cup worth.
- Pour dressing over salad (or keep separate if you planned for leftovers). Enjoy!
If you combined the salad and the dressing, it will keep in the refrigerator for 1-2 days but any longer than that and the romaine will get soggy. If you want to use all kale (which is a heartier green) the salad will keep 3 days. If you keep the dressing separate, the salad will last 3-4 days in the refrigerator. Just add the dressing as needed and