Homemade Cherry Larabars
This bars are so simple and easy to make, yet so delicious.
They are great for a nutritious breakfast on the go, an afternoon pick me up, and they certainly hit the right spot for a little dinner sweet treat.
Homemade Cherry Larabars from Happy Hearted Kitchen
- 1 cup Almonds
- 1 cup Medjool Dates, pitted and roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup Dried Cherries, Bing and Rainier work well in this recipe or a mix of both
What to do
- Add the almonds and dates to a food processor and blend until combined – it will look like a crumbly dough, but once you press it between your fingers it should stick together. Add a touch of water if it seems too dry.
- Next, add in the dried cherries, and pulse until combined
- Scoop out all the dough and press into a rectangular baking dish or tupperware lined with parchment paper (or use whatever shape you like!). Cover and place in the fridge for at least an hour or overnight. Then cut and slice them into bars. Alternatively you could roll the dough into bite size balls for a small snack on the go!
- Store in an air tight container or wrap in plastic wrap in the fridge or freezer and they will keep for a few weeks.