Go ahead an eat your culture, why don’t ya?
Calling all Non-Dairy Kefir enthusiasts…we got you covered! We started carrying Cultures for Health Water Kefir Grains! Just in time to get your pickling for the Winter!!
in Mexico, water kefir grains (also known as sugar kefir grains) allow
for the fermentation of sugar water or juice to create a carbonated
lacto-fermented beverage. Incredibly easy to brew, the starter culture
can create a new batch of kefir every 24 to 48 hours. This makes a
fantastic non-dairy alternative to milk kefir and can be flavored after
brewing to make a variety of delicious sodas. If you are looking to
replace soda pop, your family will love it!
- Traditional heirloom-style kefir culture (a.k.a. "grains" due to appearance); not a powdered starter culture
- Gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan
- Reusable culture; makes a new batch of kefir every 24 to 48 hours
- With proper care, the culture can be used indefinitely to create delicious probiotic rich kefir
- Cultures on the counter at 67° to 80°F, no heating appliance required
- Can be used with sugar water, fruit juice, and coconut water
Ingredients: Organic Rapadura (sugar), water.
kefir grains are produced in a facility that also processes dairy, soy,
wheat, nut, and fish products. Water kefir grains are a vegan starter
culture (no animal byproducts).
Shipping Information: Water
kefir grains are shipped as a starter culture in a dehydrated state in a
barrier-sealed packet and must be rehydrated prior to use. Please keep
in a cool dry place until you are ready to make your first batch of
Each Packet of Water Kefir Starter Grains:
2 teaspoons live active kefir grains in a dehydrated state (will
rehydrate to 3 to 4 tablespoons of grains; sufficient to yield 1 to 3
quarts of kefir every 24 to 48 hours).