Pick up a 1/2 pound bag of Fresh Turmeric Root. Now at High Vibe.
Turmeric, also known as the Golden Spice of India and has many health and beautifying benefits.
Benefits of Turmeric:
- Fights body-wide inflammation
- Helps to reduce and prevent arthritis
- Protect and regenerate brain cells
- Preventing and helping with Alzheimer's Disease.
- Supports joint & muscle health
- Boosts detoxification
- Supports cardiovascular function
- Promotes healthy mood balance
- Supports natural weight loss
- Supports youthful radiant skin
Turmeric is a good source of Vitamin C and Magnesium, and a very good source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin B6, Iron, Potassium and Manganese.
What to do with fresh Turmeric Root:
- Like ginger, after peeling and grating turmeric, the pulp can be squeezed to produce juice (put it through a juicer for an easier time getting larger quantities). Use that liquid in salad dressings, bread dough, or your morning juice or smoothie.
- It can be thinly sliced or chopped into tiny matchsticks for a lively addition to green salads, potato salads, and slwas.
- Use fresh turmeric in quinoa, lentil, rice, and other grain dishes.
- Sliced, it can be added to soups or pickled.
- Fresh turmeric pairs well with egg and tofu dishes.
- Use grated turmeric in marinades.
- Make turmeric tea with grated turmeric, honey, and freshly grated black pepper. (You’ll often see turmeric paired with black pepper, as it helps with the absorption of the turmeric.)
Vitamin C Tonic
- 1 blood or navel orange
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- 1-2" piece peeled ginger
- 1 little finger peeled fresh turmeric root
Put everything through your juicer and enjoy.
Golden Milk, super delicious and a natural sleeping aid.
Drink the milk at night time to help you fall asleep more easily.
Feel free to add fresh ginger, cinnamon, cardamom to switch things up.