It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year
Can you believe that Christmas is around the corner?!!!
With the weather being all crazy it can be hard to get into the festive spirit but no matter what it's the most wonderful time of the year.
This recipe will make your Christmas time sweeter and healthy.
This recipe is from Gemma from Recove
ring Raw, blogger and foodie from New Zealand who has changed her diet to get her health back on track from suffering anorexia.
Read more about her incredible story here.
For the Truffles
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 6 medjool dates, pitted
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Seeds of 1 vanilla pod
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup blueberries or cranberries
- 1/2 cup bing cherries
For the chocolate coating
- 50g cacao butter
- 50g cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla powder
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- Pinch Himalayan salt
- About 3 tbsp coconut butter
- Pomegranate seeds
- Fresh mint
The How To
- In a food processor, blend together all ingredients for the truffles until sticky and well combined. Roll mixture into tablespoon size balls.
- Next, make the chocolate coating. Over a low heat, melt the cacao butter. Once melted, gradually add in the remaining ingredients and whisk until fully combined. Roll the truffles through the chocolate mixture and place on a plate or tray lined with baking paper. Freeze until chocolate is set.
- Melt the coconut butter over a low heat and spoon over the set chocolate coating. Press in a pomegranate seed and a piece of mint leaf.
- Return to freezer until the coconut has set, then serve! Delicious with a cup of almond milk chai tea.