* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Goji Berry-Chocolate Cheesecake
Chocolate Hempseed Crust
1 1/4 C almonds
1/2 C hempseeds
2 oz cacao powder (weight)
4 oz date paste (weight)
2 T liquid vanilla
1/8 t salt
1. Process all ingredients until the crust starts to rise on the sides of the processor bowl. Stop the machine and mix with a spatula or spoon.
2. Repeat a few times until nuts are well broken down. Add remaining date paste and continue processing until mixture is consistent. The final result of the crust should be a mixture is consistent. The final result of the crust should be a mixture that can hold together with a gentle pressure and can be broken apart with a clean break.
3. Assemble the cheesecake pan with the bottom up (opposite the way it would normally be used with lip facing down). This makes it much easier to serve. Lightly grease the entire inside of the pan with coconut oil.
4. Distribute crust evenly on the bottom of pan and lightly compact by hand. Set aside until ready to be filled.
Goji Berry-Chocolate Filling
2 C goji berries (dry)
2 C almond milk
2 1/2 C soaked cashews
1/2 C agave syrup
1/4 C liquid vanilla
3 T lemon juice
1/4 t salt
3 T lecithin
1 1/4 C coconut oil
1. First soak the 2 cups goji berries with the 2 cups almond milk for about 2 hours.
2. Add to blender all ingredients except the conout oil and lecithin.
3. Blend well until smooth and creamy (3-5 minutes).
4. Stop blending and add the lecithin and melted coconut oil.
5. Resume blending until oil and lecithin are well incorporated.
6. Pour filling into spring form pan with prepared crust. Recipe may call for a swirling decoration, see swirling instructions below.
7. Place in freezer to set 1-2 hours or until middle of cheesecake is firm to the touch.
8. Remove spring form ring by inserting a non-serrated paring knife along the inside edge of pan. Open spring form, remove cheesecake and decorate to your liking.