The easy, relaxed lifestyle experienced by our ancestors no longer exists, and we're not even aware of how much stress we're under. A large portion of our population is feeling tired and stressed out, and we want to know why.
Our adrenal glands are key to performing many important life functions including converting fat and carbohydrates to blood glucose for energy, fluid electrolyte balance, and fat storage. They also produce cortisol which is extremely important for keeping our body systems in balance. They are known as the 'stress glands' because they are the first to fail under extreme stress. However, having healthy adrenal glands has been linked to longevity. So take care of those adrenals!
When the adrenal glands are not functioning optimally, you can have a condition that is known as adrenal fatigue, or adrenal exhaustion. Adrenal fatigue often develops after periods of intense or lengthy physical or emotional stress, when over-stimulation of the glands leaves them unable to meet your body's needs.
Symptoms of Adrenal Fatigue include:
–excessive fatigue and exhaustion
–not feeling refreshed upon waking; difficulty in waking up or not feeling awake until long after you have risen
–feeling rundown or overwhelmed; unable to cope with stressors
–constant cravings for sweet or salty foods
–having the most energy in the evening and inability to go to sleep when tired
–decreased sex drive
–lightheadedness when getting up from sitting or laying down
All Natural Treatments for Adrenal Fatigue:
The most important steps to take in treating this condition are:
- To get plenty of rest (at least 9 hours a night and several 10 minute rests throughout the day)
- To reduce the stress in your life as much as possible (resolving relationship issues, removing negative people from your life etc)
- Do at least one fun and/or relaxing thing everyday and laugh as much as possible
- Reduce your intake of stimulants such as caffeine and nicotine
- Use natural cleaners in your house and try to reduce environmental toxins in your daily life as much as possible
There are also many nutritional supplements that will support your recovery:
- Ashwagandha — Helps minimize the negative effects of stress, enhances immunity and help build deep vitality, promotes sexual and reproductive balance.
- COQ 10 — Promotes energy and vitality and supports the immune system.
- Shilajit — Strengthens nervous system, decreases depression (can create contraindication in some people), decreases stress, increases mental clarity, increases libido and supports immune system.
- Chlorella (and other Blue-Green Algae) — Powerful cleanser and detoxifier and enhances our body's ability to absorb antioxidants, protein, vitamins, minerals and other beneficial nutrients.
- H Minus — Powerful axtioxidant and detoxifier, increase stamina and energy.
- Camu Camu (Vitamin C) — When adrenal fatigue occurs, the body's need for Vitamin C increases dramatically.
- Magnesium (Natural Calm) — Promotes stress relief and restful sleep.
**REMEMBER – most importantly, Take Care of Yourself and RELAX,
your adrenals will thank you.**