In Store Sale for our Irish Moss Cut & Sifted (regular $4) and Irish Moss Powder (regular $12)! 50% off! 4 oz bags .
Irish Moss is a form of sea vegetable (high in minerals) that contains natural antimicrobial/antiviral properties which help to alleviate symptoms of dehydration, acidity, bunions, sore throats, bronchitis, pneumonia, winter blues, radiation poisoning, cancer, halitosis, inflammation, varicose veins, dysentery, peptic/duodenal ulcers, and fat/cholesterol buildup.
Great as a thickener in raw food recipes.
Collected in Canadian waters.
Here is an easy recipe for a raw cheesecake using Irish Moss Powder as a thickener.
Note: this recipe is for a 9 inch spring form, you can easily double the recipe for a bigger form.
For the Crust:
- 1 1/2C pecans
- 3/4C dates
- 2T bee pollen
- 1-2T water
- 1T coconut oil
- Grind up pecans in a food processor into a nut meal.
- Add dates, bee pollen, coconut oil and continue to process.
- Add 1T water until the mixture doughs up.
- Mash down the nut dough in the bottom of coconut oiled spring-form pan.
- Place in freezer to harden while you make your filling.
For the Cheesecake Filling:
- 2C cashews
- 1C hemp seeds
- 1/2C lemon juice
- 1 1/4C brazil nut milk
- 1/4t stevia
- 1/2C raw honey
- 1T irish moss powder
- 1/4C coconut oil
- 1t vanilla powder
- 2T maca powder, optional
- 1/2t lemon zest
- Make brazil nut milk by blending 1/2C brazil nuts to 1/1/4C water, strain through a nut milk bag.
- Soak the cashews and hemp seeds in nut milk and lemon juice.
- Place all the filling ingredients into a high speed blender and blend away until creamy smooth.
- Pour on top of crust and place back in freezer to firm up.
- 1 C berries, fresh or frozen, of your choice (raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, blueberries, or a mix with of all)
- 1T raw honey
Add the topping when cheesecake is somewhat firm to the touch.
- Let set in freezer a 1-2 hours before serving.
- Remove from spring form pan
- Will last several days in fridge or freezer (if you can hold out that long).